Wednesday, January 30, 2013

A New Project Finished!


This is definitely not a great picture, but here is the newest item for stinkR. I finally finished the first matching set of headband and mitts for runners! What you are seeing is the back of the headband, which I tied into a knot for a snug fit.

I had this idea a few months ago. I made myself mitts and I love wearing them to run. Cold hands are a distraction when I'm running. Then, I started making a leg warmer for someone for Christmas, but switched to make them something else. The unfinished leg warmer looked about right to seam and use as a headband, so that's what I did. Voila! No more cold ears! The headband covers just the tips of the ears, not the whole ear, for safety reasons. Also, I am only using bright colors, also for safety reasons. My next set will be black and neon green. I'm making a whole line of these for the shop, quick and easy.

I am getting used to waking early and spending quality time on Etsy and in stinkR. I've been trying to find my own way around Etsy for a few months and have not made much progress. I recently joined a very active team of Etsians, Promotional Frenzy Team, and I am excited to see the difference this will make. Everyone promotes everyone else's work and there are daily goals and activities to keep everyone on track. Right up my alley! I even have a mentor, wow! I wasn't expecting such personal attention. Suddenly, all the plans I have for my shop feel attainable. I feel like I am in transition from hobbyist knitter to professional knitter and I see a long road ahead. I'm ready!

Yesterday, there was no knitting accomplished. You can read about it here. Today I have lots of housework on the agenda, but also lots of knitting. I hope you have a productive day, too!



13 comments:

  1. I bet those go really well for you. Congrats on joining a great team, they really helped me get started.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Promotional Frenzy Team is a great way to stay motivated and generate more sales! Good luck with your house work today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I were a runner just so I could wear these :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors of your new mitts and headband—I wish I could knit like that! And welcome to the PF team too! *Ü*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea for runners. Welcome to PFT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to the team! Love the new project!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty Colors. Welcome to the team!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great Rachel... and you will love this team, I do.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rachel, welcome to the team. Love your knits - so practical and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome to the team, looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the colors on that, looks warm too :O)

    ReplyDelete