Tuesday, February 19, 2013

The Magic of Yarn

My favorite listing this week
The past two weeks have been so busy! My focus right now is filling up my Etsy shop. I set a goal to have at least 30 listings by the end of the month. Enter the 30-minute knitting projects! I have a book full of great items that can be knit in a short amount of time. I don't necessarily follow the patterns, but I definitely got inspired to make some small projects. The cup cozy pictured above is one of these projects.

I knit myself a Kindle cover with this same yarn, called Flower Power. I love it! The colors are so bright and cheery! I had enough yarn left for this project and even found the perfect button amongst the group from my grandmother. Love!


Pink Parfait Cowl and Fingerless Glove Set
This beautiful cowl and fingerless glove set was a bit of an accident. On Mondays, I am out of the house all day taking the kids to homeschool classes. I always have a project bag with me because I have a lot of waiting time. I forgot my project bag. Forgot it! I was devestated. Monday is a great knitting day for me and I look forward to it! What choice did I have but to go buy a set of cheap needles and decadent yarn? I HAD to! Believe me, DH understood.

I found this gorgeous pink variegated yarn, called Pink Parfait, ooh la la, and immediately knew what to do. This soft yarn begged to become a cowl. And then, what was left demanded to become a pair of fingerless gloves. So I knit this matching set while the kids were in social studies and science classes. I finished off the next evening and listed on my Etsy shop.

The person who purchased it a few days later told me, "The color and style just spoke to me and I had to have it." Whoa! She blew my mind. There was definitely something special about how this set came together, a misty destiny-ish aura surrounds it. I wonder where my customer will wear it? What happens to this Pink Parfait next?

8 comments:

  1. You definitely know your market Rachel. Tablet covers, cozies, finger-less gloves and cowls are all VERY popular right now. Pair that with you fun color choices and designs it's no wonder you are doing so well. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your little projects!! Have fun filling your shop and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new coffee cup cozy! Good luck with all your planned projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great projects. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your colors are fabulous. Congrats on the sales.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep knitting! It's all just a knit or a purl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so cool to hear about the connection you have with what your create! :)

    ReplyDelete